Thursday 1 October 2015

Trying A New Korean Restaurant | Welcome Back, Soomzz!

Samra is finally back! 

OK, I may not have mentioned this in my previous posts but, our third musketeer, Samra had left us for three weeks to go on holiday with her family and to celebrate her birthday! But now she is back ^^ (finally) So, to celebrate her arrival home, we decided to try a new Korean restaurant in central Madrid and to soak up some sun/catch up. Yes...this is the second Korean restaurant we have been to... and I suspect we'll be visiting more and more ^^' 

The restaurant we went to is called Go Hyang Mat. As usual, we bussed it to Moncloa (Madrid's main bus station) and took the metro to Delicias metro station - the nearest one to the restaurant. We had a reservation for 1:30pm and when we arrived, we were confused as to why we even felt the need to make one! The restaurant was fairly empty at the time we arrived, perhaps they opened late because it was a Sunday, I don't know. The decor was modern-ish and looked nicer than the other Korean restaurant Esther and I went to. Everytime I go to a Korean place, I usually go for the same dish every time - you could say I'm slightly obsessed with it and this is Kimchi Stew. But, I decided to try something new and not be boring! This is what we ordered...  - (the first two images are of some complimentary starters)





The food was devine. Each dish was phenomenal and I would definitely recommend anyone to try this restaurant. Although I have never been to Korea myself to try their authentic food, this food was pretty much spot on for my taste buds and I was also very content with their portion sizes. The last picture was what I ordered...spicy seafood noodles. The broth was amazing! I really enjoying eating spicy food so it was perfect for me. 

Oh, here's some 'typical Asian photos' of us and our food! I'm sure you'll agree that they are both very photogenic! T__T




After our feast, we headed back to Sol to take Samra to llaollao (froyo)....which was kind of a fail as she ended up getting her frozen yoghurt from Smöoy! Only because they had chocolate flavour though! 



It only feels so good to have us three back together and I'm so glad Soomz is finally back from her super cool adventures in Asia. It's time to explore Madrid together again and make the most out of the time we have here... time seems to really be flying by quickly over here. We've been working in Spain for just over one month now and it felt like just yesterday I moved here. 

Here's to making new memories with two great friends who I'm lucky to have met ^^ 

 ^___^ 

- Tiffany 




Photo credit: TeenyTinyMui


No comments:

Post a Comment