Friday 11 September 2015

Royal Palace of Madrid | SOL | La Tagliatella (again?!)

Sunday 6th September 2015

This post is a little late as I have been busy this week with work and have been very tired! - the hot weather does not help what so ever. But it's the weekend now! #TGIF ... time to relax and catch up on some sleep! 

So, last Sunday myself and Esther headed to central Madrid. Esther is my roommate from Portsmouth, UK and studies at Portsmouth University. If you have me on snapchat, you may be familiar with her face but if you don't, here she is! It's safe to say I have landed myself a great roommate... 


The two of us decided to go and visit the Royal Palace of Madrid because we didn't want to stay in doing nothing. To get to the Royal Palace, we had to take the bus into Moncloa and from the bus station we walked to the location. I'm happy with the amount of walking we've been doing here...as they say, walking is a great form of exercise (for the lazy people out there...*cough*). 

Of course we didn't just head straight to the Palace...a spot of shopping was involved in between!! (I feel for my bank account right now). It has turned into a norm to walk into Zara, Mango, Lefties whenever we are in Madrid...not good!! >_< It doesn't help that the Zara here is huge compared the any of the shops in England! We also stopped at Starbucks for a drink since the weather was so hot...it also was my first Starbucks out here ^^ - We also tried Portguese Tarts... they're definitely worth trying! Very similar to Chinese egg tarts



We shopped a little in SOL again ^__^ before heading to the Royal Palace. SOL is a really vibrant little area with tons of little and big shops. Plenty of restaurants and dessert shops for those with a sweet-tooth! I could think of some people who do =P  oh there's also a theatre there where you can watch the opera or ballet. I wouldn't mind watching something there one day! Here is a picture of me in the 'centre'(?) of SOL... you can see the metro station behind me towards the right hand side!


The Royal Palace...








After visiting the Royal Palace, we planned to take the metro to the station N.Minsterios to have dinner at a Korean restaurant, ironically called Korean Restaurante. We took the metro there and made our way to the restaurant. I forgot to check the opening times (Spanish people eat at ridiculous times!) but regardless, we walked to it. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a man standing outside the restaurant. We asked him if it was open and he said no...and told us that it doesn't open until 8:30pm!! >_<' we arrived at the restaurant at around 6pm if i remember correctly. We were way too hungry to wait around for it to open! So we walked back to the busier side of the town and found a restaurant to have dinner at. And where did we end up at?... La Tagliatella! AGAIN! xD myself, Esther and Samra (the missing third muskateer) first visited this restaurant last week in another town here in Madrid. I guess it's a popular chain restaurant! The restaurant is a nice and slightly posh so we were happy to eat there again...this is what we had for our early dinner ^__^ 




The food was delicious...I call them 'posh pizzas'! Again, if you are ever in Madrid, definitely try this restaurant out. They have a vast menu with lots of different dishes! I would recommend their spaghetti and their risotto :) 

I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be putting on quite a bit of weight whilst I'm out here... ^^' the food is too good! - thanks for reading :)

- Tiffany




Photo credit: TeenyTinyMui



















No comments:

Post a Comment